احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 33   تم الزيارة من: 150 users
10.11.2011 - 07:10
I liked the facebook add, and i got helicopters. So, will they always be standard unit or just for some time?
Infantry have -4 defense against them, now PD will be much weaker and GC will be useless since infantry was the only defensive unit...

Personally, I think you need to fix few bugs that left (save button, glitched walls etc.); than see what you can do here: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1883&topicsearch=&page=1 ; and than eventually add some extra units, cards etc.

But it's OK if it is for few days only, since this is good way to "make" people like facebook page.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 07:36
SuperiorCacaocow
تم حذف الحساب
كتب بواسطة Caulerpa, 10.11.2011 at 07:10

I liked the facebook add, and i got helicopters. So, will they always be standard unit or just for some time?
Infantry have -4 defense against them, now PD will be much weaker and GC will be useless since infantry was the only defensive unit...

Pleace just remove Helicopters. PD was already nerfed, so was Ironfist, which just needs the Infantry in the beginning of a game to expand. GC also shit now, same for MoS.
It just removes ALL THE BALANCE we got after the nerfs of IF and PD. Just change the blocking wall thing and nerf GW instead of adding new standard units.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 07:40
I've been testing the battles between helis and inf, so far the most amazing kills were 2 helicopters and my general taking france (6 inf), and 3 helicopters killing 8 inf (london)
----
كتب بواسطة Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
كتب بواسطة tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 07:45
SuperiorCacaocow
تم حذف الحساب
30 SM(no buff) helicopters with 168 attack destroy 43 PD infantry with 258 defence. Are you kidding me? REMOVE THIS! For what did you do all the nerfs if you just destroy all the balance in one day?

Edit: 25 helicopters to destroy 47 infantry. 'Perfect Defence'.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 08:16
Better give anti aircraft than helicopters
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 08:48
 Ivan (مشرف)
Don't panic people, everything will be balanced out eventually. For the moment, raised the Infantry defence to -3 against Helicopters, and raised the price to 200.

And yes, it's going to be a permanent unit.

كتب بواسطة Caulerpa, 10.11.2011 at 07:10

Personally, I think you need to fix few bugs that left (save button, glitched walls etc.); than see what you can do here: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1883&topicsearch=&page=1 ; and than eventually add some extra units, cards etc.

Adding Helicopters took me about 20 minutes. I cannot fix the bugs you mentioned (that's Amok's domain) and I cannot easily implement the suggestions you linked (need combined efforts of me and Amok and weeks, or even months, of coding). So, no valuable features suffered in the implementation of Helicopters
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 08:48
 Ivan (مشرف)
كتب بواسطة Aristosseur, 10.11.2011 at 08:16

AA already comes with the Premium package.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 08:51
SuperiorCacaocow
تم حذف الحساب
كتب بواسطة Ivan, 10.11.2011 at 08:48

Don't panic people, everything will be balanced out eventually. For the moment, raised the Infantry defence to -3 against Helicopters, and raised the price to 200.

Thank you Ivan. <3
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 08:52

Yeah, maybe a switch or something. Also can you check Modifications to GW and MoS thread, it contains 3 pages of balancing and 1 huge detailed post by me explaining stuff, I can make another on gold basis.
Also does the minus defence apply only on the helicopter attack or in all stack attack? Say in a stack of 5 tanks and 1 helicopter does the -3 now affect the tank attack too when calculating?
Also since they are the defence killer they need to apply minus defence to militias too.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 09:16
 Ivan (مشرف)
كتب بواسطة Aristosseur, 10.11.2011 at 08:52

Yeah, maybe a switch or something. Also can you check Modifications to GW and MoS thread, it contains 3 pages of balancing and 1 huge detailed post by me explaining stuff, I can make another on gold basis.
Also does the minus defence apply only on the helicopter attack or in all stack attack? Say in a stack of 5 tanks and 1 helicopter does the -3 now affect the tank attack too when calculating?
Also since they are the defence killer they need to apply minus defence to militias too.

It only applies to Helicopters attacking, not the stack. I was thinking about Militias, but decided against it - that would make the unit too OP, no?
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 09:21

And yes, it's going to be a permanent unit.

Yes, I was expecting that. New features always need tweaks in the first days after release.

I think we will need some time testing these changes to see if a new nerf is needed.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 09:21

Adding Helicopters took me about 20 minutes. I cannot fix the bugs you mentioned (that's Amok's domain) and I cannot easily implement the suggestions you linked (need combined efforts of me and Amok and weeks, or even months, of coding). So, no valuable features suffered in the implementation of Helicopters

Yes, I know, I am not saying you need to introduce all this things tomorrow. But I just hope that at least some of these things will get implemented one day.

Btw, maybe helicopters are still too strong, it will probably need -2 and 200. But let's first test this.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 09:23
كتب بواسطة Ivan, 10.11.2011 at 09:16

It only applies to Helicopters attacking, not the stack. I was thinking about Militias, but decided against it - that would make the unit too OP, no?

Well since they will be nerfed for infantry and it does serve as defence killer a minor -1 to militia would be fine (needless for neutral militia, will be used against GW militia).
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 09:24

I think they are concerned about the difference between the defense of all strategies that have Infantry as the main defensive unit compared to GW (and maybe IMP) that would got an advantage over this, since they are based more on Militias.

In my opinion, a -1def for militias against Halicopters would be enough already.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 09:56
 Ivan (مشرف)
كتب بواسطة Pinheiro, 10.11.2011 at 09:24

I think they are concerned about the difference between the defense of all strategies that have Infantry as the main defensive unit compared to GW (and maybe IMP) that would got an advantage over this, since they are based more on Militias.

In my opinion, a -1def for militias against Halicopters would be enough already.

OK, added -1 for Militia.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 11:17
SuperiorCacaocow
تم حذف الحساب
كتب بواسطة Ivan, 10.11.2011 at 09:56

Wouldn't i be good to make Helicopters only strong against militia? So you could add a new unit and nerf GW at the same time.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 11:20
كتب بواسطة Guest, 10.11.2011 at 11:17

كتب بواسطة Ivan, 10.11.2011 at 09:56

Wouldn't i be good to make Helicopters only strong against militia? So you could add a new unit and nerf GW at the same time.

Nerf GW! are you planning to screw me? GW is like my child.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 11:22
كتب بواسطة Guest, 10.11.2011 at 11:17

+1
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 11:23
SuperiorCacaocow
تم حذف الحساب
Since GW still needs a nerf why not combine it with the new unit. PD and other Infantry using strategies don't deserve a nerf, so it would be good too make them strong against militia instead of infantry.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 11:30
I don't get why these were added. If you look on the suggestions board it says:

"Suggesting new units: keep in mind that we're not planning to add more base units (the ones that you can buy in cities). There will be some additional rare units, though. If you still insist on suggesting units, keep in mind the scale of the game (1 unit = small army, not a single tank) and the fact that units must be unique in some way, without mirroring the currently available units. "Like tank, but stronger" - doesn't work."

I do not get why helicopters were added because it directly contradicts this. They're "Like bombers, but stronger against defensive units". This is pretty much what was said NOT to be suggested. I agree with the fact that without helicopters the amount of base units was good, and think they should be switched back to rare units.
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 12:05
كتب بواسطة Guest, 10.11.2011 at 11:23

Since GW still needs a nerf why not combine it with the new unit. PD and other Infantry using strategies don't deserve a nerf, so it would be good too make them strong against militia instead of infantry.

GW doesn't need a Nerf it already has 1. Its marines are the crappyest of all strats.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 12:07
كتب بواسطة Houdini, 10.11.2011 at 11:30

I don't get why these were added. If you look on the suggestions board it says:

"Suggesting new units: keep in mind that we're not planning to add more base units (the ones that you can buy in cities). There will be some additional rare units, though. If you still insist on suggesting units, keep in mind the scale of the game (1 unit = small army, not a single tank) and the fact that units must be unique in some way, without mirroring the currently available units. "Like tank, but stronger" - doesn't work."

I do not get why helicopters were added because it directly contradicts this. They're "Like bombers, but stronger against defensive units". This is pretty much what was said NOT to be suggested. I agree with the fact that without helicopters the amount of base units was good, and think they should be switched back to rare units.

They were added for Facebook promotion. Nothing wrong with that though, once the choppers are balanced.

Edit: I like the idea of making them strong against militia.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 12:13
كتب بواسطة learster, 10.11.2011 at 12:07

They were added for Facebook promotion. Nothing wrong with that though, once the choppers are balanced.

I know they were added for a promotion, that's obvious. I was questioning to why the helicopter unit specifically was chosen for the promotion, in contradiction to the suggestions paragraph. It's not like that was the only option.
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 12:23
SuperiorCacaocow
تم حذف الحساب

I was thinking about Militias [...].

كتب بواسطة learster, 10.11.2011 at 12:07

Just to add what I can say after testing it now: PD can still capture cities like always, but when your enemy got enough money and he will start to produce helicopters, it is all about creating militia wherever you expect him too attack so he wont get the reinforces, since infantry would just cost all your money. In the same turn you have to create defence lines around those cities from a different spot (to get it back if defence fail, since helicopters reduce infantry defence, but you can still attack them like every unit) and stack bombers in it, which can come from cities which are further away and replace the infantry you would use normally. So in the end you use a SM-like-gameplay, which is pretty inferior too SM because it has not the the bonus for bomber attack. This is beyond pointless at all.
And this also is why i request to make it strong against militia. It would give GW a small nerf, while it makes PD not useless.
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 14:10
The -1 is ok I believe, maybe -2 since GW only uses them anyways.
Let's see:
normal infantry in city: 7 def -3 makes 4
PD infantry in city 9 def -3 makes 6
GW militia in city 6 def -1 makes 5
It is suggested the - in infatry is made -2 so it comes to more balance, however after that seeing their short range, inability to capture and high cost (and compared to tanks) lower attack, tanks become better to use.
GW rather needs a seperate nerf as suggested here (refer to mine and sony's posts): ivan bait
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 14:14
I love the heli's idea! gives the game a nice new kick for me
Now...if only militia could be converted into suicide bombers xD (jk)
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 14:41
كتب بواسطة Garde, 10.11.2011 at 14:14

NO. NO JK. BEST IDEA EVAR
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 14:57
كتب بواسطة Runway1R, 10.11.2011 at 14:41

كتب بواسطة Garde, 10.11.2011 at 14:14

NO. NO JK. BEST IDEA EVAR

meh
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 16:25
Would I get helicopter if I already liked Afterwind?

I liked Afterwind before they added them, so...
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
10.11.2011 - 16:53
Shouldnt anti aircraft get bonus against helicopters too?
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة