احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 13   تم الزيارة من: 49 users
15.08.2011 - 03:32
 YOBA
As you may have noticed, spambots have finally started targeting our forums.

I propose that players with no rank should not be able to post in the forums. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone; it ensures people who are consistently or want to hide who they are like Gardevoir or Vafika won't be able to keep posting with multiple accounts and, of course, that spambots will be completely unable to infiltrate our forums again.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 05:13
>vafika has like 9 rank1+ accs
----
كتب بواسطة Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
كتب بواسطة tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 11:24
I like the idea. Agreed.
كتب بواسطة Fruit, 15.08.2011 at 05:13

>vafika has like 9 rank1+ accs

Then we will ban them all and if he wants to keep on trolling forums he will have to play some games first.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 12:20
The problem is how will some new players get help if they can't get the game to work etc and they also can't post. They would have to leave help forum open or something at least. My point is it might have bad consequences even if it stops spam. A catchpa or something to verify you are human to register might work?
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 12:37
كتب بواسطة Guest14502, 15.08.2011 at 12:20

The problem is how will some new players get help if they can't get the game to work etc and they also can't post. They would have to leave help forum open or something at least. My point is it might have bad consequences even if it stops spam. A catchpa or something to verify you are human to register might work?

>Recaptcha
>Cancer killing /everything/
>No.

Leaving the help forum open for newbies would be grand. If spambots spam in there, can't the Webmaster or something contact the website and tell them to stop, or contact someone to have them penalized?
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 12:45
اقتبس:
it ensures people who are consistently or want to hide who they are like Gardevoir or Vafika won't be able to keep posting with multiple accounts

>implying it's a problem to play one game with this account to make it rank 1.
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 15:17
 YOBA
Silly Gardevoir! Such a summerfag but above all, a shit troll.

We'd be feeding the trolls by letting chaps like you go free with your rank 0 accounts.
Not to mention you were banned for a reason, just like Vafika was. You being banned doesn't mean your account is banned from the forums, it means you have been an arsehole and need to stay away from the forum until you've learnt your lesson!

I don't think CAPTCHA would kill the spirit of the forum or lower the amount of posts. You see, Gardevoir, the Afterwind forum is not an imageboard. Imageboards are set up in a way to allow for rapid responses by simplifying the interface and limiting the amount of markup allowed. But a forum? Here be walls of text!

I'd still prefer rank 0s not being allowed to post though. As I said, two birds with one stone.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 15:23

Leave the questions board available to everyone, it's much easier to clean things in one board than all of them. Anyway, captcha still a good idea.
كتب بواسطة Garde, 15.08.2011 at 03:54

I only used guest accounts because I was banned from the forums.

YOBA is right Gard. YOU were banned from the forums, not your account, That's exactly what he is referring to: avoid players creating secondary accounts to keep on posting even if they weren't meant to.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
تحميل...
تحميل...
15.08.2011 - 15:48
كتب بواسطة Pinheiro, 15.08.2011 at 15:23

Leave the questions board available to everyone, it's much easier to clean things in one board than all of them. Anyway, captcha still a good idea.
كتب بواسطة Garde, 15.08.2011 at 03:54

I only used guest accounts because I was banned from the forums.

YOBA is right Gard. YOU were banned from the forums, not your account, That's exactly what he is referring to: avoid players creating secondary accounts to keep on posting even if they weren't meant to.

Well there isn't a rule saying I couldn't make a 2nd account
But seriously, can I have a copy of the rules to actually see whats bannable etc.?
Y'know, so I don't do something bad xD
تحميل...
تحميل...
17.08.2011 - 05:03
There is this amazing thing known as an IP ban, that way even if someone makes an alternate account they would have to use someones/somewhere else's computer to do whatever they want. From my experiences on Near Reality, it works really well even if there are ways around it.
تحميل...
تحميل...
17.08.2011 - 07:16
It takes about 5 minutes to change an IP address on a normal router.
IP bans are ineffective, or at least the IP bans I've seen.
تحميل...
تحميل...
17.08.2011 - 11:37
كتب بواسطة aksarbeN, 17.08.2011 at 07:16

It takes about 5 minutes to change an IP address on a normal router.
IP bans are ineffective, or at least the IP bans I've seen.

thats true... but not many people may know how to... and if they do it would still take them 5 more minits
تحميل...
تحميل...
24.08.2011 - 05:42
Keep reporting them folks, thanks. Latest one banned.
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة