احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 8   تم الزيارة من: 75 users
26.08.2011 - 23:22
Ok, here's the deal. Up to now, the top players most certainly know that strategies like guerilla warfare (in pretty much every map), iron fist (small maps) and tank general are overly used strategies. Especially when it comes to europe 5k or 10k games where most players tend to use either one of the top strats (IF or GW). Under utilized strategies need to be "somewhat" playable in low funded games. For ex: Sky menace, Master of stealth and lucky bastard are very difficult strategies to play in such games.

Here's what can be done!

Master of stealth: MOS is kind of a weak strategy to start with compared to GW but if mastered and utilized properly it can be effective. So weakness isnt the serious issue. What needs to be improved is the cost. For instance, the marines in Master of stealth are 140 cost (130 with the expendable marines upgrade). This here is the main problem since marines are the main units for Mos.

Comparing it to other strategies:

Tank general > most used unit > tanks = 110 cost
Great Combinator > most used unit > tanks = 120 cost
Guerilla Warfare > most used units > militia/marines = 20 and 80 cost
etc.

Counting all the strategies, master of stealth is the only strategy where the most used unit is 140 cost (130). So the marines in MOS should probably be changed to 120 cost (110). Another thing is stealth planes. They're too expensive and under utilized since bombers is a more economic investment and can do the job almost as good as stealth bombers can. Instead of them being 200 cost, maybe having them for the same price as bombers? (at 160 cost)

Sky menace: SM is great strategy for big mapped games but it plays poorly in the low funded small mapped games. The reason why is because the tanks are 130 cost. Tanks in sky menace have already 7 attack, so why make them more expensive when they're already weak? Or maybe something like 130 cost for tanks but 110 cost for bombers.

Lucky Bastard: This is probably the least used strategy in the game. I think even NONE has more usage. Here's what should be done. Currently, lucky bastard is +5 ARB, +2 view range and +10 cost to all units. The extra cost is the problem especially for 5k europe matches. The Negative part of LB could be changed to poor air support, such as making bombers 5 attack/5 defense and air transports having -1 to movement range. There are allot of things that can be changed about this strategy and making it somewhat playable in low funded games.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.08.2011 - 01:53
I disagree about SM. It's one of the most powerful strategies in europe, europe+ or eurasia 5k matches.

About the MoS, I've already said my opinion a few times, because lowering the price of marines would make it too similar to GW, which is pointless in my opinion, since we already have GW for that porpuse.

I agree that LB should be redone, but TG is only used by newbies, and has no major advantage at all in my opinion, perhaps you are talking about GC?

By the way, next time try searching about the subject before creating a thread:

http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1438
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1757
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1109
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.08.2011 - 02:45
Oh ok. I guess i'll have to study SM more lower cash games. But for MOS to be its own and not similar to GW, stealth planes need to be cheaper!! lol. But yes, thanks for your opinion
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
29.08.2011 - 17:52
The maths behind ARB have been posted by me and confirmed by Amok, lucky bastard is utterly useless, here.
كتب بواسطة Aristosseur, 01.06.2011 at 12:43

So, total is:
+1 25%
+2 25%*66%=16,5%
+3 16,5%*66%=10,89%
+4 10,89%*66%=~7,19%

right?

Also, if the default attack of a unit is 7, does he always deal 7 or does he deal 1-7 +ARB?

SM is fine as is, MoS is weak indeed.
تحميل...
تحميل...
29.08.2011 - 22:50
كتب بواسطة Aristosseur, 29.08.2011 at 17:52

The maths behind ARB have been posted by me and confirmed by Amok, lucky bastard is utterly useless, here.
كتب بواسطة Aristosseur, 01.06.2011 at 12:43

So, total is:
+1 25%
+2 25%*66%=16,5%
+3 16,5%*66%=10,89%
+4 10,89%*66%=~7,19%

right?

Also, if the default attack of a unit is 7, does he always deal 7 or does he deal 1-7 +ARB?

SM is fine as is, MoS is weak indeed.

MoS is OP on world games and iceland
----
كتب بواسطة Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
كتب بواسطة tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

تحميل...
تحميل...
02.09.2011 - 06:01
Samnang
تم حذف الحساب
Can 1+ attack be added for Tank General? It doesn't really improve Tanks all that much
تحميل...
تحميل...
02.09.2011 - 12:54
I agree with samnang, tank general is a very tough strategy to play with especially with the poor defense to all units. Adding any little thing to the strategy would help stabilize it with its negative downside.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
02.09.2011 - 13:07
Yeah. I think a little boost to tank general wouldn't hurt anybody, but I might observe that only infantries receive a nerf on defense (and price) and militias cost +10, while destroyers and bombers stay the same, for example.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة