احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 35   تم الزيارة من: 320 users

المشاركة الأصلية

نشرت بواسطة Skanderbeg, 16.05.2015 - 16:15
WW1 by Aetius is perfect example of how map creators want to force players to play always same style and tactics, holding strictly to narrow diapason of choices, usually only one option:

- Trench warfare on the West. Understandable. But something have to change when US troops arrive, or tanks, or both. UK, France and Germany are practically doing nothing beside stacking one city(trench) for 15 turns. If farming is banned, then i think this playstyle where you sit and doing nothing for an hour should be punishable as well lol. Perhaps adding US troops earlier in game, or tanks with bonus against trenches. But it shouldnt be over for Germany if UK/FR pass trench lines as true battles can commence on open battlefield.

- Italian front, kinda same like french-german. Plus there are Alps between Austria and Italy, so even worse to fight. Probably transport boats for Austria and Italy on Adriatic sea but low range like 2 points, so it takes time to invade coast. That way they can both avoid Alps and fight on the sea until someone land on coast where ground battle can begin.

- Russian front, worst in scenario. Russian regions doesnt have artillery, infantry, machine guns. But they have weak cavalry and expensive special forces. Some regions have machine guns but no arty, other have arty but no MGs. Total mess. If creator decided to remove infantry from Russia, then atleast every Russian region should have MG and arty to enlarge Russian diapason of options. Otherwise whoever pick Russia it will be doomed to die while true gaming is about balance so both teams have chances to win. Thats fun. But here Russia is forced to build walls only and wait until Prussia get 160 stealth units 10/5 all over Russia. Not to mention Inflation and unrest unit which drain economy.

Players should have option to choose their moves and decide their tactics, and not be forced to play as commanded. Thats not fun. Tik-tok made trenches in his WW2 near Vladivostok so Japan and USSR cant fight, so he denied 2 players to decide if they going to fight and relieve the pressure from their ally front. But dont confuse Tik-Tok/Aetius style with Kentuckyball's style for example. In his WW2 he made trenches from Leningrad to Stalingrad, yet there is alot of space for player to make decisions, tactics and even manouvers.
18.11.2015 - 12:16
كتب بواسطة Netre, 12.11.2015 at 12:44

كتب بواسطة International, 12.11.2015 at 02:00

كتب بواسطة Netre, 11.11.2015 at 08:46

كتب بواسطة Evic, 17.09.2015 at 14:19

Not one country in all of freaking World War 1 went to war because of its treaty obligations. Treaty obligations was just a convenient excuse to go to war and demand concessions, which were what countries were actually after.

Austria-Hungary went to war not because the Archduke got killed (that was just the excuse), but rather because they sought Balkan superiority.
Russia went to war to gain more influence in the Balkans (especially in Turkey and the Constantinople strait), and Serbia was just an excuse.
Germany declared war because the Kaiser was an aggressive maniac (September Programme, etc). Its pact with Austria-Hungary was just an excuse.
France went to war in order to recover territory it lost in 1871. Its alliance with Russia was just an excuse.
Britain went to war in order to contain Germany and cut their military down to size. You think they actually cared about Belgium?

ok so all of these country's used excuses to go to war, which were the treaty's they had signed. The treaty was an excuse to go to war.
i mean of course they wanted land/power that is as natural to empires as eating is to humanity but the fact that its natural means nothing unless you can get it and the treaty's were the way in which the empires got to war. and the nation that started it was Austria.

also a country would have to go to war because of its treaty's or it would look like an easy target an irrelevant power,other countries wouldn't be so willing to sign a defensive pact with that country because there would be no point.

The only countries that didn't go to war because of its treaty was Italy, Greece got out of its treaty because it stated that the Serbs and Greeks only had to back each other up when attacked by another Balkan nation.

and no i dont think the brits would care about Belgium, i cant remember right now but i'm pretty sure there was an economic/raw material reason for them getting involved.
you also have to remember that it was always assumed that the French would help the russians and vice versa. so that treaty was something widely assumed to be in stone.
the germans had a whole strategy built up around that fact, the schleiffan plan.

Serbia was attacked by Bulgaria so Greece was bound by treaty to help, but as a Greek I can say our king was retarded back then so Greece stayed "neutral"
----
Someone Better Than You
تحميل...
تحميل...
18.11.2015 - 13:51
كتب بواسطة Zephyrusu, 18.11.2015 at 12:16

كتب بواسطة Netre, 12.11.2015 at 12:44

كتب بواسطة International, 12.11.2015 at 02:00

كتب بواسطة Netre, 11.11.2015 at 08:46

كتب بواسطة Evic, 17.09.2015 at 14:19

Serbia was attacked by Bulgaria so Greece was bound by treaty to help, but as a Greek I can say our king was retarded back then so Greece stayed "neutral"

i know but that was so late.
----

تحميل...
تحميل...
04.02.2017 - 13:29
Necro revive
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.11.2018 - 02:21
#fix_ww1
i want to play that game again...
تحميل...
تحميل...
24.12.2018 - 18:03
Aetius fixed the map already, plus it is way better than before, this is old topic, Russia even buffed, Italy better (not stronger) etc. I forgot about this until you necroed it, can't hide Aetius reply shocked me, he's extremely talented mapmaker, but oh boy he is not friendly or approachable to players. 'If you don't like it then don't play it' mentality is so out of place, as i just tried to discuss the map to make it better, not worse.

Well i guess it doesn't matter now, we're all inside our stronghold clans, playing our own games, secluded from community which at this point is non-existent, and hostile to anyone trying to play with us. Multiplayer gaming lost its meaning.
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة