احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 12   تم الزيارة من: 80 users
19.08.2015 - 12:56
So at the moment we had been using the "grid-free" movements of the troops to move them without problems on a 2-D map, which is cool.

Some map-makers had restricted the movement freedom of their maps by using the "No-go" areas which added a new way of gameplay to the game. I've see them being used mostly for build trenches in WW-like maps.

When you use this feature property, the possibilities for a map expand wider and bigger. A new horizon comes to live. I'm talking about RPG-like maps. Those maps in which you have to follow certain patch, in order to move from one area to another. Here's the screenshot of a castle in the map "Wheel of War", where the combination of the current features allows to simulate a castle with coast, wall, and inside patch. Only in some zones (white patch) you're able to pass to another zone.

About the gameplay I consider it awesome, the best gameplay I've see so far. You can move your units outside or inside the castle, use the defense line (what we call a "wall") to close certain entrances, and even have a naval fight to control the sea and ports.

I've played other maps of this type, too. One of them was about GoT I think. We were 4 or 5 guys in a castle against a horde of enemies that get reinforcements (events) every 4 turn. The castle's walls were no-go areas and the defensive lines (that we had to make in order to hold and win) were like two mens trying to stop an army of hundreds. In that game, the Turns were like Minutes of a real war in a castle. It was awesome.

The second map was one made by Columna I blelieve. We started as certain "pierces/areas" of a country, and we had our own upgrade system (made by units) to unlock Farms (produces money) and Weapons (To buy better troops). We had, then, cities that were spread around our kingdom that were either Farms or Factories respectively. It was certainly fun to play.

In both games however, the players left due to diverse reasons. Some of them even admit to dislike that style of gameplay. On the other hand, I like those maps very much but haven't got to understand why they're so few played by the community.What do you think about it? Is this style good or bad? Have you played/created a map of this type? Or you know another? Please let me know !!
تحميل...
تحميل...
19.08.2015 - 12:59
If anyone's wondering about the "Wheel of War", it will be released soon
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
19.08.2015 - 13:26
I have played them before. I like playing maps I have played before so I didn't like them much, particularly because it takes a long time to get somewhere. I have heard lots of others who like them a lot.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
19.08.2015 - 13:39
Why does this seem awesome yet extremely annoying for us EU players. Personally I like to get creative with on open canvas but I also like context in order to have direction. I think this has great potential if the map maker balances how much freedom is given to the players.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

تحميل...
تحميل...
19.08.2015 - 14:32
Keep up the good work guys I like the idea
تحميل...
تحميل...
22.09.2015 - 17:09
كتب بواسطة clovis1122, 19.08.2015 at 12:56

So at the moment we had been using the "grid-free" movements of the troops to move them without problems on a 2-D map, which is cool.

Some map-makers had restricted the movement freedom of their maps by using the "No-go" areas which added a new way of gameplay to the game. I've see them being used mostly for build trenches in WW-like maps.

Since you lack ability to understand minimum of mapmaking, no-go areas dont need to be used purely and mostly for the "trenches" in World war maps (mostly World War 1", as it can be used to make mountains, etc...

About the map, I've tested it in the very early version with the owner himself, which I see as a friend and consider a very good maker with good ideas, all I can say about the map is that it's a very good map, and has a perfect gameplay, very immersive and wont bore you to death at all, which is always good.

Cheers.

It is a very nice idea and props to the maker e Mare, and the maker of the background (Konstruktor right?)
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
22.09.2015 - 21:31
كتب بواسطة Al Fappino, 22.09.2015 at 17:09

Since you lack ability to understand minimum of mapmaking,

Your whole argument disqualified by the starting ad hominen.

kthxbye.
تحميل...
تحميل...
23.09.2015 - 15:02
كتب بواسطة clovis1122, 22.09.2015 at 21:31

كتب بواسطة Al Fappino, 22.09.2015 at 17:09

Since you lack ability to understand minimum of mapmaking,

Your whole argument disqualified by the starting ad hominen.

kthxbye.

The point still remains, you lack knowledge of mapmaking.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
23.09.2015 - 15:15
كتب بواسطة Meester, 21.09.2015 at 22:46

Right all off-topic post deleted. Stay on topic or risk forum ban.
Clovis stop arguing about you 60x60 JPEG trophies.

I don't have the fault that both fap and tunder hates me
تحميل...
تحميل...
23.09.2015 - 16:16
I don't see where the "RPG" comes from. But usually no-go areas are evaded because the playerbase is mostly stupid and would get confuse.
تحميل...
تحميل...
24.09.2015 - 05:31
كتب بواسطة clovis1122, 23.09.2015 at 15:15

كتب بواسطة Meester, 21.09.2015 at 22:46

Right all off-topic post deleted. Stay on topic or risk forum ban.
Clovis stop arguing about you 60x60 JPEG trophies.

I don't have the fault that both fap and tunder hates me

I dont hate you lol, I just dislike hypocrites or bootlickers.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
24.09.2015 - 05:32
كتب بواسطة Tundy, 23.09.2015 at 16:16

I don't see where the "RPG" comes from. But usually no-go areas are evaded because the playerbase is mostly stupid and would get confuse.

Isn't that the problem with 90% of the maps? the Playerbase?

The thing about maps that are perfectly or reasonably made, is that the playerbase is not "qualified" or even smart enough to play it according to the map specifications.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة