احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 7   تم الزيارة من: 150 users
31.12.2011 - 05:08
 Che
Hello everybody. To my surprise there are forums on this game, about scenarios, that I apparently was unaware of. In fact this forum for scenarios is the exact thing I needed as I continue to update and polish the True World War II scenario. The problem I've been having with the scenario is the lack of input from the people that actually play it. This makes my updates and changes to the game pretty much arbitrary to my own opinions of what I need to do to balance it out.

So this is why I create this topic, as a forum within the forum on players' suggestions and input into the scenario so I can better craft it into what will hopefully become a balanced and (to an extent) historically-accurate scenario for all of Afterwind to love. In fact, others have used these forums for that very purpose for the very same war-scenario. It came to my attention browsing through these wondrous threads that I now have competitors to my scenario, and as with capitalism competition has become yet another motivator in my yearning for perfection.

So, this is what I have changed with the scenario recently:
-Added the Empire of Manchuria on the Axis side (located in Manchukuo, northeast China)
-Added the Free French on the Allies side (capital in the Cameroons)
-Sadly took out my favorite nation to play, the Republic of El Salvador
-Adjusted the income of several countries including India, Japan, China, and several African nations as both a balancing move and a way to reflect economies in the 1940's
-Gave the United Kingdom control of formerly-Italian East Africa (Ethiopia, Eritea, and Somalia) as it was conquered by date my game takes place (August 1942)
-Added additional forces to the German Reich's Eastern Front
-Put several Free French Forces in the United Kingdom with a single transport (really just for RP reasons)
-Added three or so groups of submarines for the German Reich in the Atlantic and the several other submarines in the Pacific for the Empire of Japan

Thanks everyone for reading and if you have any comments, insight, or suggestions on how to make True World War II just about the most fun and exciting scenario about the worst war in human history feel free to leave them!
----
"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac."~ George Orwell
تحميل...
تحميل...
31.12.2011 - 09:13
 YOBA
Seems pretty sweet. But personally I think you should reduce the number of countries big time. The fact it's only really balanced

I remember Gardevoir made another WWI scenario side-by-side with his popular one that has disappeared that was a Eurasia+Africa scenario. Quite cleverly, because the British Empire was absolutely enormous, it was split up into 3 parts. That is, British India, Great Britain (and Ireland) and British Africa. These would be controlled by 3 different players.

I think you should remove countries like Mexico and Brazil which were more or less irrelevant in the war (Brazil suffered a total of some 950 casualties, hardly a notable contribution). And furthermore, Brazil's main function in the game is usually to help with clearing out Africa. Free French and British together, this shouldn't be a difficult task. Or alternatively, add more Axis countries in the region like Argentina which was always close to becoming a member.

But anyway, your main goal should be to reduce the strain on Britain and Germany which have to fight on over 9000 fronts. A secondary goal for scenario refinement would be to reduce the number of players. If you wanted to be a bit more accurate, you could make all eastern European states puppets, maybe except Romania. Slovakia, Hungary and Bulgaria had some control over things initially in the war but not really in 1942.

All in all, you could probably sacrifice some historical accuracy to reduce the number of players which is important to the scenario being fun to play. With 18 players, people come and go all the time.

After playing as Japan several times, I deduced that even a half-decent China player can usually win over Japan at the end. Note that all that 4 or so times I've played your scenario as Japan I've played using either the Sky Menace or Iron Fist strategies. Japan definitely needs a buff of some sort. I'll leave that up to you! How about defence lines in certain areas of China, especially the North? Would be a good start!

I'll hopefully make more posts as I play it more but I can't make a complete judgement now. Anyway, I hope I have helped out somewhat into making your scenario more awesome yet.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
31.12.2011 - 16:56
 Che
Looking at your suggestions True World War II has changed in the following ways:
-Both the Kingdoms of Hungary and Bulgaria are taken out (with both countries now being neutral as with other Ally countries not prominent enough to give to a player)
-British Africa is now playable with its capital in the Union of South Africa, but the United Kingdom still retains its Middle East and Asian colonies (it will give them more focus in those areas)
-Vichy France is now playable with its capital in France and now retains all of the formerly German-played African colonies.
-The Kingdom of Thailand was taken out as it was both pretty much occupied by the Japanese and not needed after the introduction of the Empire of Manchuria
-The United Mexican States and the Republic of the United States of Brazil were taken out as, like you said, they're involvement was minimal (though they are both now neutral for the same reason as Bulgaria and Hungary)
-Adjusted the starting money a bit
-Placed new starting units for Japan in Eastern China

Thanks for the input
----
"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac."~ George Orwell
تحميل...
تحميل...
31.12.2011 - 22:47
Vichy france god no
in thomasmer's WW2 scenario london was captured after 2 turns with germany and vichy bombarding it..

just a suggestion..
تحميل...
تحميل...
07.01.2012 - 22:56
 KYBL
To replace Brazil, Mexico and El Salvador, you could add a team for all the countries of Latin America of which took place in WWII. Realistically, the entire Central America declared war on Germany by 1942.

Also, Japan captured Beijing during WWII so I would put a whole bunch of units outside of Beijing.

Another thing, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia were all under Vichy France, Japan just occupied the north under French permission.
----

تحميل...
تحميل...
06.08.2012 - 02:20
Hey Che, I made a list of units for WW1/WW2 for the upcoming update and if you ever change or improve your scenario I would be honoured if you used some of my unit ideas/stats and of course gave me some credit for them in your description .
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4878 It took a while but I feel it is worth it!
تحميل...
تحميل...
26.08.2012 - 20:20
كتب بواسطة Kiwininja, 06.08.2012 at 02:20

Hey Che, I made a list of units for WW1/WW2 for the upcoming update and if you ever change or improve your scenario I would be honoured if you used some of my unit ideas/stats and of course gave me some credit for them in your description .
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4878 It took a while but I feel it is worth it!

Brings back dead topic<
not cool<
lock this please mods<
----
كتب بواسطة NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة