احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 15   تم الزيارة من: 105 users
04.04.2012 - 06:24
 Leaf
I know that there's quite a lot of Turkish players here.

What's Hungary's stance towards Syria's current situation? With the civil war and all, anything effecting Hungary majorly?

Anything regarding or relating to this issue would be greatful.

EDIT: Fixed Topic title and first post.
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 08:02
OK, i'm not from Hungary..... but seriously i don't know what kind of news or information you got but there is currently no genocide in Syria.......

The only chance that there will be a genocide is if Bashar leave the power and the radical islamist take the power. The christian minorities and the non sunni muslims will probably be at huge risk.

But for now there is no Genocide in Syria.......Bashar is "protecting" the minorities..... most of his support come from the non sunni muslim.
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 08:45
 YOBA
What ThomasMer said.

But how the hell is Hungary affected by the ongoing quelling of protests against the government of Syria? I don't think there's a substantial minority of Hungarians in Syria, if any at all.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:27
There's not a genocide, as genocide means a mass murder of a group of people from an ethnic,religious or cultural background. That saying, it is a civil war and I'm sure people from Turkey much more then Hungary are worrying about the situation.
----
~My plump juicy breasts are none of your god damn business~
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:30
 Leaf
كتب بواسطة Riffdis, 04.04.2012 at 09:27

There's not a genocide, as genocide means a mass murder of a group of people from an ethnic,religious or cultural background. That saying, it is a civil war and I'm sure people from Turkey much more then Hungary are worrying about the situation.

Oh crap, I meant Turkey, not Hungary :/
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:33
Well yah there are tensions, but I don't think there is a high chance of Turkey invading Syria. And Syria is definitely not going to invade Turkey. The most likely "conflict" is Turkey will remove landmines from Syria's borders.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:45
 Leaf
Is there anything in particular that is making the Turkish government worried?
Like the Problems with Migration from all the refugees. Are there anything else?
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:49
Syrian refugees go across the Turkish border every day. There's almost 20,000 Syrian refugees in Turkey right now.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:52
The un will step in before a genocide takes place anyway, and syria will become americas property lol
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 09:57
كتب بواسطة nonames, 04.04.2012 at 09:52

The un will step in before a genocide takes place anyway, and syria will become americas property lol

Not sure about that. China has been vetoing any UN action for quite some time now.
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 10:22
 YOBA
كتب بواسطة Leaf, 04.04.2012 at 09:30

كتب بواسطة Riffdis, 04.04.2012 at 09:27

Oh crap, I meant Turkey, not Hungary :/

ROFL, how could you confuse Hungary with Turkey in 4 separate instances? The first post still read Hungary twice by the way.

Nevertheless, when Syria was a hot topic, we discussed this quite a bit in /int/ (an international imageboard, kind of like a forum). It seems like the Turkish population would generally oppose any sort of military intervention, which was actually discussed by many politicians. In fact, Syria warned Turkey in the early stages of the Arab Spring in Syria that if Turkey attempts to invade, they would bomb Tel Aviv.

Apart from that, Al-Assad actually has a lot of supporters. Many politicians are probably right in thinking that intervention from a foreign power like Turkey would destabilise the entire region and there would be dictators on every seat of government.

As for the Turkish people... they don't seem to think it will happen at all. So they aren't too concerned, but they said in case that happens, the rather disillusioned Syrian military probably won't stand a chance against the large and well-equipped and disciplined Turkish military, and they're probably right. But they don't seem to think that Turkey will get involved at all. All Turkey is doing right now is controversially (from the Syrian/interventionist point of view) providing shelter to refugees from Syria. But not much is going on at the moment, and the opposition to Al-Assad is generally weakening. He'll stay in power for a good long time I think, or at least, the Arab Spring will end before his deposition.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 10:32
Are all of you guys serious? Every fucking day there's been shit about bloodshed in Syria here in Amerika, and there's no damn way Turks are controlling the News here.
تحميل...
تحميل...
04.04.2012 - 10:50
كتب بواسطة Garde, 04.04.2012 at 10:32

Are all of you guys serious? Every fucking day there's been shit about bloodshed in Syria here in Amerika, and there's no damn way Turks are controlling the News here.

Bloodshed does not mean genocide. No one is disputing there is a bloody civil war occurring. Our media is controlled by many factors outside the realm of journalism, I hope you know that.

كتب بواسطة Cardinal Ouellet, 04.04.2012 at 08:02

OK, i'm not from Hungary..... but seriously i don't know what kind of news or information you got but there is currently no genocide in Syria.......

The only chance that there will be a genocide is if Bashar leave the power and the radical islamist take the power. The christian minorities and the non sunni muslims will probably be at huge risk.

But for now there is no Genocide in Syria.......Bashar is "protecting" the minorities..... most of his support come from the non sunni muslim.

He is protecting minorities at the expense of the majority, by remaining in power by playing off the fears of his supporters. While there is no genocide, it is clear that atrocities and war crimes are being committed - mostly by government forces.
تحميل...
تحميل...
07.04.2012 - 14:22
Bashar is a son of a bitch I'll tell you that
----
You may not have heard of me yet. It doesn't matter; you will soon enough.
تحميل...
تحميل...
14.04.2012 - 21:09
كتب بواسطة NateBaller, 04.04.2012 at 10:50

كتب بواسطة Garde, 04.04.2012 at 10:32

Bloodshed does not mean genocide. No one is disputing there is a bloody civil war occurring. Our media is controlled by many factors outside the realm of journalism, I hope you know that.

كتب بواسطة Cardinal Ouellet, 04.04.2012 at 08:02

He is protecting minorities at the expense of the majority, by remaining in power by playing off the fears of his supporters. While there is no genocide, it is clear that atrocities and war crimes are being committed - mostly by government forces.

Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner
----

تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة