احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 6   تم الزيارة من: 24 users
09.04.2012 - 13:33
Today the mainstream point of view for musicians is "It's all about the music!". In the 70's and 80's, the view was "You gotta play your instrument well, but you don't play with your mind you play with your dick". Point is in the 70's and 80's bands were more focused on the show, and the audience. Today bands focus more on there album sales, witch was always important, but in the "golden age of rock and roll" the live show was the main focus.
----
~My plump juicy breasts are none of your god damn business~
تحميل...
تحميل...
09.04.2012 - 14:43
 YOBA
The 70s and 80s was all about the money. Especially the 80s for fuck's sake, with all those crappy pop rock bands and everything.

It's just that musicians actually had room to innovate because most of the well-known music genres of today had not really been established back then, like heavy metal (also, Slipknot sucks) (wow, I can't believe my spellchecker didn't protest, they really are a huge band).

But I do agree that they were more about the show back then, especially legendary rock bands and artists like Guns 'N' Roses, Bon Jovi and Eric Clapton to name a few. A whole host of punk rock bands could go here too. Queen floored everyone with their concerts though, it gets you in an excitable mood just watching the videos from their concerts.
You just don't see that level of excitement in today's audiences. They're all high as fuck in the average rock concert anyway, but they're not really excited. I can only name MUSE as a band that has genuinely good popular concerts. Dubstep gigs are obviously very alive but they're not for everyone. But for rock, MUSE is where it's at at the moment and their gigs are awesome.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
09.04.2012 - 15:34
KISS has the best concerts. Also a slipknot is an object, not just a name of a band, and that's why your spell checker didn't correct it . And today it's definitely for the money.

I was watching a live linkin park concert on youtube and other then the singer, who moved a bit... there was no action. It was boring.
----
~My plump juicy breasts are none of your god damn business~
تحميل...
تحميل...
09.04.2012 - 16:03
Kiss definitely put on a good show but they are merchandising whores even to this day. It is possible to by a Kiss casket to be buried in upon death... wow. As for today's music I tend to shy away from anything deemed "radio worthy" (save for a couple exceptions) because of what the music industry pumps out these days but I find hope in the underground metal and hardcore scenes (although the some of the bigger bands of these genres are almost as bad as the stuff on the radio).

The same could be said about the underground scene for any genre though. There just something awesome about a group of people putting together a band, writing their own music, booking their own tours and paying from they're own pockets to go record an album and to get their own merchandise. In practise it's maybe not the best for the band when it comes to turning a profit but the music stays true. There are even certain record labels that allow complete artistic freedom to bands while helping with the financial part of the business nowadays though but the publicity of the band will be nowhere near as big.
----
This doesn't really say anything, it's just a space filler while I try to come up with a better signature.
تحميل...
تحميل...
09.04.2012 - 17:20
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL FTW
----
كتب بواسطة NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
تحميل...
تحميل...
09.04.2012 - 19:33
 YOBA
كتب بواسطة DURRHUNTER, 09.04.2012 at 17:20
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL FTW
This.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة