احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 41   تم الزيارة من: 157 users

المشاركة الأصلية

نشرت بواسطة DJ003, 20.01.2021 - 11:29
I have stated it before and even demonstrated, elo in the current form is not an appropriate metric to be used to determine winners of a season, for duels or cw's for that matter. I am open to the idea of sponsoring real cash prizes for season winners if a proper league structure can be implemented. Often for real progress to occur there needs to be a paradigm shift.
27.01.2021 - 11:19
كتب بواسطة Dave, 23.01.2021 at 16:47

كتب بواسطة Sun Tsu, 23.01.2021 at 16:29

An indian html/php programmer is $500 per month

....And the shit code they produce will be even worse than what we have now.

ask to someone genius. they are the ceo of google and microsoft xa
----
The red flag shall rise and the fascists shall be put to their knees.
We shall fight with every last one of us and behead all of the remaining neo nazis and nationalists around the world
Communism shall rise when the time comes
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 11:23
كتب بواسطة Tribune Aquila, 20.01.2021 at 16:30

كتب بواسطة Dave, 20.01.2021 at 14:50

كتب بواسطة RaulPB, 20.01.2021 at 14:33

Yeah, I don't think we're getting random matchups with random setups any time soon. Instead of cash prizes, hire a programmer

Do you have $150K/year to hire a programmer with? I sure don't. So until then, I'm the only programmer atWar's got. (And its not even my main project....)

just take out a loan... if my calculations are correct then there shouldn't be a problem

i respect ur admiration but do u really think he wants to be scammed again?
----
We shall fight with every last one of us and behead all of the remaining neo nazis and nationalists around the world
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 11:26
WTF IS THE TOPIC ACTUALLY
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 15:24
 Dave (مشرف)
كتب بواسطة comradestalin69, 27.01.2021 at 11:19

كتب بواسطة Dave, 23.01.2021 at 16:47

كتب بواسطة Sun Tsu, 23.01.2021 at 16:29

An indian html/php programmer is $500 per month

....And the shit code they produce will be even worse than what we have now.

ask to someone genius. they are the ceo of google and microsoft xa

I wasn't speaking against ALL Indian people. I was only taking about the ones who write shit code for $500/month.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 17:09
 temp
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: excessive stupidity
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 18:43
----
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 19:32
كتب بواسطة Sun Tsu, 27.01.2021 at 04:54

كتب بواسطة vampire master V, 26.01.2021 at 19:08

كتب بواسطة Sun Tsu, 25.01.2021 at 05:40

You miss the point. Everything is relative to the economy in which it operates.
The wages in developing economies are substantially lower than that of developed economies.

the intelligence in developing countries are also lower

A very sweeping 'statement'. You are basically implying that, you are more intelligent than half of the global population, which is with respect palpable nonsense. I would go as far as to say among the middle classes in developing economies that the academic intelligence levels are higher, as higher standards of education are more accessible. Regardless, intelligence arrives in many forms and most people I meet from developing economies are able to construct a legible English statement or sentence, meaning I assume their (literal) Intelligence levels to be higher than that of your own and that is with English not even being their native language. Can you spot the irony here?
Here is an article you should read:
https://www.gadgetsnow.com/slideshows/15-indian-origin-executives-that-are-ruling-the-tech-industry/dinesh-paliwal-president-and-ceo-harman-international/photolist/67694412.cms

how is it nonsense? it's commonsense. around 40% of the global population has no formal education
it doesn't seem too far fetched to assume that a randomly picked person from denmark is smarter than someone from uganda

and i type like how i type because i am on a forum for a fucking browser game
like honestly, if what i'm saying isn't legible enough for you, it speaks more about your intelligence than mine

also, don't bring up muh top 10 pix smartest peepul frum this third world country11
what does that even have to do with anything?
isn't it obvious that there are smart individuals from every country?
do you think i would have been totally amazed and reevaluated my world view?
like "WOAAAHHH NO WAYYY THER ARE SMART PEOPLE FROM INDIA I WUZZZZ WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

jesus being pedantic and shit about grammar on a risk game to being all smug about knowing that there are very bright people from developing countries
hahahahahahahaha
تحميل...
تحميل...
27.01.2021 - 19:58
 Dave (مشرف)
كتب بواسطة vampire master V, 27.01.2021 at 19:32

Do you really have to be such a dick about everything?
----
--Sun Tzu

تحميل...
تحميل...
29.01.2021 - 17:55
كتب بواسطة Dave, 27.01.2021 at 19:58

كتب بواسطة vampire master V, 27.01.2021 at 19:32

Do you really have to be such a dick about everything?

he started it
تحميل...
تحميل...
02.02.2021 - 05:26
كتب بواسطة Dave, 20.01.2021 at 14:50

كتب بواسطة RaulPB, 20.01.2021 at 14:33

Yeah, I don't think we're getting random matchups with random setups any time soon. Instead of cash prizes, hire a programmer

Do you have $150K/year to hire a programmer with? I sure don't. So until then, I'm the only programmer atWar's got. (And its not even my main project....)

If that's the situation, you could also make some AtWar modules open source. So anyone who wants and knows could create a pull request.
تحميل...
تحميل...
02.02.2021 - 06:01
 Dave (مشرف)
كتب بواسطة weoka, 02.02.2021 at 05:26

If that's the situation, you could also make some AtWar modules open source. So anyone who wants and knows could create a pull request.

That's a nice idea but open source would be a total disaster in the case of atWar. Few people realize how vulnerable the code currently is... there are so many security holes its not funny. I've put a lot of bandaids on things but the underlying issues are mostly unresolved. In fact there is literally only one silly thing that saves us from complete and utter chaos at the moment (I won't say what it is).

Anyway we've had enough problems with our resident hacker kids already... if the source code got out there it would be game over for atWar. There are so many ways a moderately skilled programmer with access to the source code could inflict damage... if that ever happened we'd probably just have to shut the whole thing down. That's why I won't allow anyone from the community to help out with coding.

I do plan to hire another developer for my company, hopefully next year. If/when that happens I will probably budget a small percentage of their time to help out with atWar stuff. That would be the only circumstance I would ever have another programmer besides myself on atWar... if its somebody working for me and I have a contract requiring them to keep the code confidential.

Until then it's really not so bad with just me as the only programmer, is it? I keep things running, maintain the status quo, and even do little updates here and there... I think its fair to say that's more than was happening in the last few years before I took it over.
----
--Sun Tzu

تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة