احصل على الترقيةلإخفاء كل الإعلانات
المشاركات: 4   تم الزيارة من: 39 users
01.03.2022 - 12:28
After seeing the latest post regarding the map editor, I checked a bunch of my custom maps I used to work on in the last couple of years in case they are - by chance - usable now, despite previous border errors.

Turns out - they are!

So, there is nothing holding me back to finally release one of the biggest custom maps so far: Curses of the Caribbean by Zoy

Preview: https://atwar-game.com/map/?id=22047

Featuring 9 factions, more than 70 custom units, and a unique land and naval play-style, this map brings the Pirates of the Caribbean world to life.
The map holds iconic units and locations from the franchise, based on the movies and expended universe, and features real-life locations arranged on a fantasy map.

It is highly recommended to check the Quick Sheet of the map before playing: https://goo.gl/C5gH6v

In total, more than 1.5 years of development have gone into this map, so I am very pleased (and relieved) to finally be able to make a public release. There a ton of unique custom units and mechanics to be discovered on this custom-drawn map. Also, a decent amount of playtesting has taken place in clones, before the map borders broke.
In the unlikely event that you should stumble upon any issues, feel free hit me up with a PM!

More info that seems fitting to share:
  • You will already find a Preset available for this map. It sets the income in (almost) all locations to 75 %, making for a more gritty game where your decision on what ship types (and other units) to build holds even more weight.
  • You can't get stuck with units that can't capture anything, no matter where you start. Still, for a bunch of economic reasons, it is usually best to start on normal land that has a couple of cities nearby.
  • When I was working on this in the last couple of years, I noted down a bunch of plans for future Scenarios and Presets, i.e. British vs Spanish, No Mythical Units etc. - although, now, I most probably won't realize many of them in the foreseeable future, due to a lack of time. To my fellow cartographers out there: Feel free to create your own rendition of Presets and Scenarios though!

There is nothing left for me to say, except for...

Enjoy, mateys!

==========
Some more fantasy/sci-fi maps created by me:

War of Alagaësia - Perfected (+ 1 Scenario, 8 Presets)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (+ 2 Scenarios, 1 Preset)
Battle for Hoenn by Zoy
Walker Assault on Hoth by Zoy (+ 2 Scenarios)

You find all published maps on my profile under "Maps": https://atwar-game.com/users/profile.php?user_id=1615610
تحميل...
تحميل...
01.03.2022 - 14:24
 Witch-Doctor (مراقب)
Nicely done, looks fun
تحميل...
تحميل...
01.03.2022 - 15:13
Ah nice, if your really into scenarios and mapmaking give me a email and ill give u the scenario mapmakers/players discord, their u can get tips and help from several scenario mapmakers.
تحميل...
تحميل...
01.03.2022 - 18:38
Awesome!
تحميل...
تحميل...
atWar

About Us
Contact

خصوصية | شروط الخدمة | لافتات | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

انضموا إلينا على

أنشر الكلمة